Best snowboard bags
Snowboarding has become a very popular sport among the young and young adults. After all, it is a fun sport, and if you get the hang of it, it can be very entertaining. You can have hours of fun every day when you are on a winter vacation. Plus, if you get really good at it, you can try more difficult and challenging trails, and that will give you an adrenaline boost. However, just like you protect yourself while you are on the board, the board itself needs protection during transport and storage. And that is why you need a snowboard bag.
A snowboard bag is not a special piece of equipment. It is just a bag that is designed to accommodate your snowboard while you store it or during transport. While snowboards are generally sturdy, they do get chipped or scratched. Some people spend hundreds of dollars on their snowboards, and a scratch can be the cause of a broken heart. It depends on how much you care about your board. Some bags are made to accommodate more than one snowboard, which is ideal for families who go snowboarding together.
Why you should buy a snowboard bag?
The obvious reason is that your snowboard needs protection during transport. That is when the equipment has a high risk of getting dented, chipped, or scratched. Depending on what means of transportation you use, the risk differs. For example, when you travel by your personal car, you can take care of the storage conditions of your board. You can place it and fix it in place without the danger of getting a single scratch. However, if you travel by plane, the people who handle the luggage will not take a particular interest in your snowboard so they may not treat it with the care it needs. If you have a snowboard bag, you do not have to worry about that. You can rest assured that the board will reach its destination in the same shape as it left.
Another reason why a snowboard bag is necessary is that it can carry other components of the equipment as well. After all, snowboarding requires more than a board. You also need wrist protection, boots, a helmet if you are a beginner, glasses, and whatever accessories you like to wear while snowboarding. Instead of scattering all that equipment is all your suitcases, you put them all together in the same bag. It is far more convenient that way. You will have everything in the same place, and you can even keep a better track of your equipment.
Lastly, some snowboard bags come with a larger capacity, and you can store more than one snowboard in it. For example, some bags can accommodate as many as 4 boards. Of course, the boards are separated inside so that they do not scratch each other, but you have to admit that it comes in handy. For example, if you travel with your family and all of you like to go on a snowboard, you can keep all boards in the same bag.
Some people buy a snowboard for practical reasons like protection, while others like the convenience of such a bag. Whichever reason you want your snowboard bag for, just make sure that you are buying the right product.
What to consider when looking for the best snowboard
Buying a snowboard is not like buying paper towels. You actually have to pay attention to specifications and quality. There are a lot of factors that make a snowboard the best snowboard for you, and if you do not pay attention to that, you will end up with something unsuitable. That is why you need to consider a few factors before you hit the buy button. They are as follows:
- Size – since not all snowboards have the same length and width, not all snowboard bags have the same measurements. Before you want to buy a bag, make sure that you know the measurements of your Buying a bag that is too large will give too much space for the snowboard to wiggle, and that can lead to scratches and dents. On the other hand, if the bag is too small, when you force the board inside, it creates tension, and as a result, the snowboard may even break. Nobody wants that, and to avoid it, just measure your board and be done with it.
- Padded vs. not padded – as you can imagine, there are both types available on the market. Each of them has pros and cons, but when you draw the line, the padded version wins without question. The not padded snowboard bags are relatively cheaper than the padded counterpart, and they still manage to provide protection. However, padded snowboard bags are far more able to give your snowboard the protection it needs. The padding will absorb any impact, which ensures that your snowboard stays intact. And to be honest, a padded snowboard bag is not more expensive by a lot. Some cost $10 more than the not padded products.
- Type – not all snowboards have the same carrying mechanism. Some can be carried on your back like a backpack, others have handles, and some models have wheels. Just so you know, the snowboard bags on wheels are the most expensive option. This is a matter of preference, to be honest. Just make sure that you think of where and how you are traveling. A convenient to carry snowboard bag can make a difference if you go to remote places.
- Durability – while this may be the last factor on my list, it is not the least important. In fact, it should have been at the top of the list. Durability is a crucial aspect. A bag, no matter its purpose, will always go through a lot of abuse. Whether you put it in the trunk of your car of the plane hold, it will have a rough ride. That is their purpose, after all. But that is why durability is a primary concern. You need a snowboard bag that is made of high-quality materials that do not rip that easily. A waterproof snowboard bag cannot hurt either since it can protect your bag against moisture. My advice is to go for a bag that is made of high-density polyester. Those will last for years to come.
What are the best snowboard bags?
Now that you have all the necessary information on snowboard bags, you can move on and make a purchase. Just make sure that you do not buy a random product and follow the advice above. I also advise you to read some snowboard bags reviews online to check out what opinions people have on a particular product that you may want to buy. That way you can make sure that you get the best possible product. If you do not want to go through all that hassle, just pick one of the products below. They are all verified purchases, and I am sure that you will like at least one of them.
Athletico Two-Piece Snowboard and Boot Bag Combo
The first item on my high-quality snowboard bags is the one manufactured by Athletico. It is an excellent piece of equipment that will keep your snowboard safe and secure while on the road as well as in storage. Furthermore, just as the title suggests, this is actually a combo pack. You also receive a bag for your snowboard boots, which I think is a nice touch.
The snowboard bag from Athletico can accommodate a snowboard that is up to 165 cm in length, as for the boot bag, the maximum size that can fit I the bag is US 13. Even so, it should be a suitable product for most people. You also have some room for your gloves, goggles, sweaters, and a few other small items. The bag is padded for more protection, but that does not add much to its weight. In fact, it is quite lightweight, which will make your job easier.
The Athletico snowboard bag has a detachable padded shoulder strap. You can carry it the way you think is most comfortable for you. The carrying handles can be closed with a Velcro strip. As for the construction of this bag, the manufacturer used rip-resistant and water-resistant 600D high-density polyester that has a waterproof backing. The bag will not rip anytime soon, and your snowboard will be protected against moisture. The main compartment is significant, and the ¾ length zipper ensures easy gear loading. The boot bag has a mesh side for additional equipment.
Burton Wheelie Gig Snowboard Bag
Burton is a major snowboard bags manufacturer, and they produce high-quality bags at affordable prices. Almost every snowboarder has heard about them, and I am pretty sure you did too. This is an ideal product if you are traveling with your family and friends, and you want to store multiple boards in the same bag. The Wheelie provides padded protection for all of them. I am sure you are going to love it.
The bag is made of 600D high-density polyester that is rip-resistant. It can fit snowboards from 146 cm to 1181 cm in length. There is full-zip access to the main compartment for easy loading, and the internal webbing straps inside will keep the boards in place. They will not experience friction. The exterior of the bag has a zippered accessory pocket for even more storage space.
One of the features that I think you will enjoy is the fact that the Burton snowboard bag is equipped with an IXION Skate wheel system. That will make carrying it easy as pie, and your efforts will be minimal. When you cannot use the wheels, the side and front haul handles will ensure comfortable carrying. The shoulder strap is removable. The bag is also lockable, and the contour zipper pulls fit any TSA-approved lock.
Dakine Unisex Tour Snowboard Bag
Last but not least, the snowboard from Dakine is yet another product that may pique your interest. It is a high-quality bag made of excellent materials that you can take with you on your vacation without having to worry about your board. It is available in several sizes, and it can accommodate board with a length up to 175 cm. It also fits a pair of boots and some outwear. The external zippered pockets are quite accommodating.
This bag is also made of high-quality 600D high-density polyester. It is water-resistant, as well as rip-resistant. It can take some abuse an still keep its integrity. Furthermore, the Dakine snowboard bag provides 360-degree padded board protection. Your board will stay safe and secure during transport and in storage.
The zipper opens all around for easy loading. You can carry it in your hands n the shoulder, but the padded shoulder strap is removable. It should be comfortable since it has a lightweight design. I am sure that it will satisfy your needs just fine.
I am confident that all three products will meet their purpose, and you will be satisfied no matter which one you choose. However, if I had to make a choice for you, I would go with the Athletico Two-Piece Snowboard and Boot Bag Combo. It can fit both the board and the boots, the materials are durable, and you get a pretty sweet deal for the value. I think it is one of the best snowboard bags you can buy within this price range.
I was taught that an item will serve you as long as you take care of it, and once you have forgotten about it, it will forget you too and fail to provide the service you need. I think that applies very well to a snowboard. As long as you protect and maintain it properly, you will enjoy it for a very long time. One of the bags above can help you with that, and I am sure you will be delighted with your choice. Click here to buy on Amazon
- Whatever They Told You About Cheap Snowboard Bags Is Dead Wrong…And Here’s Why
- The Lost Secret of Snowboard Bag Padded
- Things You Won’t Like About Kids Snowboard and Things You Will
- What You Should Do to Find Out About Snowboard Packages Before You’re Left Behind
- The New Angle On Snowboards for Sale Just Released
- Unbiased Report Exposes the Unanswered Questions on Ski Boot Bag
- Snowboard Boots – a Quick Overview
- A Deadly Mistake Uncovered on Dakine Low Roller Snowboard Bag and How to Avoid It
- The Do This, Get That Guide On Snow Pants
- What Everybody Else Does When It Comes to Snowboard Boots Sale and What You Should Be Doing Different
- The Definitive Solution for Double Snowboard Bag That You Can Find Out About Today
- Whispered Dakine Snowboard Secrets
- Snowboard Boot Bag at a Glance
- What Everybody Is Saying About Snowboarding Bags for Air Travel
- Top Snowboard Gear Bag Tips!
- The Basics of Snowboard Case for Airplane
- Never Before Told Stories About Ski Travel Bags You Need to Read
- Introducing Snowboard Cover
- The Lost Secret of Snowboard Luggage
- Life, Death, and Wheeled Snowboard Bag
- Definitions of Snowboard Wheelie Bag
- Ski Luggage Explained
- The Meaning of Snowboard Travel Bags for Air Travel
- Snowboarding Bag for Dummies
- Possible Danger Signs on Snowboarding Bags You Must Know
- The Truth About Snowboard Bag for Air Travel
- One of the Most Incredibly Disregarded Options for Snowboard Backpack
- The Quintessential Handbook to Snowboard Bag Sale
- What Experts Aren’t Saying About Snowboard Bag with Wheels and How It impacts You
- Who Else Wants to Learn About Padded Snowboard Bag?
- The Tried and True Method for Snowboard Travel Bag in Step by Step Detail
- Important Solutions for Snowboard Case
- The Most Popular Dakine Snowboard Bag
- Ski Bag – Is it a Scam?
- Why Everybody Is Talking About Snowboard Bag…The Simple Truth Revealed